White Onions - (appx. 16 pieces) per Kg
White onions have an all-white skin and flesh. White onions are not as pungent as yellow varieties or as sweet as red onions.
White onions are an immense alternate if you are in need of an onion flavor, but do not want it to be too powerful. A 100 gram serving provides 44 calories, generally as complex carbohydrate.
- It lowers cholesterol and helps to maintain healthy blood pressure.
- They act as a powerful antibiotic and are helpful in reducing food-borne illnesses caused by microbial contamination.
- These are helpful in providing relief during urinary disorders, earache, stomach ache, anemic conditions, hair loss and asthma.
How to use
- It is used as a base for curries, or made into a paste and eaten as a main course or as a side dish.
- It can be used, usually chopped or sliced, in almost every type of food, including cooked foods and fresh salads, and as a spicy garnish.