Watermelon stripped - Large (1 piece is 6.5kg estimate )
Save Liquid error (product-badge line 32): -Infinity%
With an attractive external surface of pale green stripes on dark green skin, Zucchini striped watermelons are sweet, juicy and the best way to beat the summer heat.
Storage and Uses
- Store them in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight.
- Cut and serve the melons chilled.
- Can be eaten fresh- scoop them up with ice creams or in fruit salads. Spice up your watermelon with a tinge of mint leaves.
- Used in cocktails and fresh juices which also serves as a healthy alternative to sugary carbonated drinks. Rind can be used to prepare pickles, curries and pies. Seeds can be roasted with salt and consumed.
- Watermelons have excellent hydrating properties with 90% water content.
- Rich in anti-oxidant flavonoids that protects against prostate, breast, colon, pancreatic and lung cancers.
- They are an excellent source of lycopene which protects skin against harmful UV rays.
- It is also a great source for A, C, B-complex vitamins, iron and fiber which boosts body metabolism.