Save Liquid error (product-badge line 32): -Infinity%
Zucchini watermelons are sweet, juicy and the best way to beat the summer heat.
Storage and Uses
- Store them in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight.
- Cut and serve the melons chilled.
- Can be eaten fresh- scoop them up with ice creams or in fruit salads. Spice up your watermelon with a tinge of mint leaves.
- Used in cocktails and fresh juices which also serves as a healthy alternative to sugary carbonated drinks. Rind can be used to prepare pickles, curries and pies. Seeds can be roasted with salt and consumed.
- Watermelons have excellent hydrating properties with 90% water content.
- Rich in anti-oxidant flavonoids that protects against prostate, breast, colon, pancreatic and lung cancers.
- They are an excellent source of lycopene which protects skin against harmful UV rays.
- It is also a great source for A, C, B-complex vitamins, iron and fiber which boosts body metabolism.